Applying for an Attestatie de vita (Certificate of life) in the Netherlands

The Attestatie de vita is a document that you can use outside the Netherlands to prove that you are alive. Some organizations, such as a pension fund, may request you to produce this document. In the Netherlands you can use the document Bewijs van in leven zijn (Proof of being alive) for the same purpose.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Proof of being alive.

You can apply for an Attestatie de vita  (certificate of life) from the municipality where you live and are registered. You can only make the application yourself. You must make an appointment with the municipality to apply for a certificate of life.

Someone else (older than 18 years) may also request the proof for you. That person then makes an appointment and visits us. He/she will bring the 'Grant Authorization' form completed and signed by you and a copy of your valid proof of identity and his/her own identity document.

Making an appointment with the municipality


By telephone:

+3188 647 3647

By email:

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoeksche Waard

Visiting addresses

Also useful

Last updated on 22 September 2022