Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life) in the Netherlands

Does an organisation outside the Netherlands (e.g. a pension fund) need proof that you are alive? Then you need an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life). You can apply for this at your municipality.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Heemskerk.

Municipality of Heemskerk: Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life)

You may need to prove that you are alive. For this you need the Certificate of Living (Attestatie de Vita). If you can prove that your pension fund needs the certificate, the certificate is usually free of charge. Requesting a proof of living can be done via the digital request form, but you can also visit the town hall. In the latter case, bring valid proof of identity with you.

If you wish to visit the town hall, please make an appointment in advance.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Heemskerk

Visiting address

Last updated on 22 September 2022