Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an EU parking card for people with disabilities

Do you have a disability? Would you like access to parking spaces that make parking easier and are close to shops or your office? Then you can apply for a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities. You can apply if you have had a disability for at least 6 months and with the help of crutches or a walking frame cannot walk more than 100 metres on your own.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for a disabled parking permit

If you have difficulty walking or are disabled, you can get a parking card as a driver and/or passenger. This allows you to park in disabled parking spaces.

If you are submitting this application for the first time, a medical examination will always take place. If you renew your parking card, sometimes you do.

Please note: You can only apply for an EU parking permit for people with disabilities if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Woerden

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022