Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a copy of a birth certificate in the Netherlands

Do you want a copy of your birth certificate (geboorteakte)? You will need it, for example, if an organisation asks for it. You can request an official copy (afschrift), extract (uittreksel) or a multilingual international extract (meertalig internationaal uittreksel).

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee.

Request an extract or copy of the civil status

An extract or copy of the civil status is written proof of, for example, a birth or marriage. You can request this from the municipality where the event took place.


Municipalities record important events in a person's life in the registry office. For example a birth, marriage or death. You can request a copy or extract of this. That is written proof of this data.

You can request a copy or extract of a:

  • birth certificate 
  • death certificate
  •  marriage certificate 
  • divorce certificate 
  • certificate of partnership registration 
  • certificate of termination of partnership

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022