Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an affordable housing permit

Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Wassenaar: Applying for an affordable housing permit

If you want to move into a house with a rent below the rent liberalization limit(link is external), you will need a Housing Permit pursuant to Article 2:2 Housing Ordinance Municipality of Wassenaar(link is external)

If you are going to rent a house through a real estate agent or a private landlord, you must apply for a housing permit from the municipality yourself.

 Fees are charged when applying for a permit.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Wassenaar

Last updated on 26 September 2022