Applying for an affordable housing permit

Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for an affordable housing permit

You need a 'housing permit' to rent social housing. Do you rent a house through a housing corporation? In that case the housing corporation will apply for the permit for you. If you do not rent from a housing corporation, you must apply for the housing permit yourself from Het Vierde Huis.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Utrecht

Last updated on 26 September 2022