Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an affordable housing permit

Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Affordable housing permit

Please note: you can apply for an affordable housing permit only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You need a huisvestingsvergunning (affordable housing permit) if you want to rent a house below the rent subsidy limit.

Are you renting a home through SVNK (housing association)? Then they take care of the housing permit. Are you renting a house below the rent subsidy limit via a private landlord? Then apply for a housing permit.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Dijk en Waard

Last updated on 26 September 2022