Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.
Are you going to rent social housing from a housing corporation (woningbouwcorporatie)? Then in many municipalities you do not need an affordable housing permit, but in some you do. Check with your municipality.
The eligibility conditions for an affordable housing permit differ depending on the municipality. Eligibility criteria may stipulate that:
- you work or study in the municipality or region;
- you already live (or have lived) in the municipality or region;
- the property matches your income and the size of your family.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Applying for an affordable housing permit
Are you going to rent subsidised housing in the municipality of Amsterdam? If so, you will need a huisvestingsvergunning (affordable housing permit) in the following situations:
- the basic rent of the housing is no more than €€ 763.47 per month.
- If you are going to live in a house that has a basic rent of up to €1,068.83 because of leasehold conditions, private agreements or a zoning plan.
To be eligible for an affordable housing permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be 18 or older.
- You have Dutch citizenship, a valid passport from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or a valid verblijfsvergunning (residence permit).
- The housing has at least 61 square metres of usable floor area per person.
- The taxable annual income of your household is € 45,014 or less.
- Is the basic rent of the housing € 763.47 or less? If so, the combined income of your household may not exceed € 64,407.
The online form shows you what you need for your application.
An affordable housing permit costs € 66.50.
If the application is complete, you will find out within 8 weeks whether you will be granted an affordable housing permit. What happens if the application is incomplete? The municipality will contact you.