If you live in Liberia you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. An embassy or consulate can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
How do you apply for the declaration?
Send a scan (in pdf format) of all the required documents to: email@example.com.
Please mention for which purpose you need the certificate.
How long will this process take?
The average processing time for applications is 10 working days. You may be asked to send additional documents if your application is not complete. Please note, this may result in a delay in processing your application.
You will receive the certificate via email.
Application procedure in person
You can come in without an appointment on Monday between 10:00 and 12:00.
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method.
Transfer the total amount to the embassy's bank account in the name of:
Netherlands Embassy Accra
IBAN: NL57 INGB 0705 0010 08
BIC of SWIFT CODE: INGBNL2AXXX
ING Bank N.V.
PO Box 1800
1000 BV Amsterdam
Please mention on consignment: consular statement + your name.
In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.