Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a certificate of marital status in Malawi

Are you a Dutch national, living in Malawi and do you need a certificate of marital status? The Netherlands does not have an embassy or consulate-general in Malawi. You can apply for this certificate at the Dutch embassy in Harare, Zimbabwe.

Attention: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.