Logging in to Dutch government websites from abroad

To manage your affairs with the Dutch authorities online you must log in using a personal account. Outside the Netherlands you can do this using your DigiD or, in some cases, using another login key which is approved in the EU.


DigiD is the Dutch login key. You can use your DigiD to log in to Dutch government websites from anywhere in the world.

If you don’t already have a DigiD, read about how to apply for a DigiD from abroad.

EU-approved login keys from other European countries

If you don’t have a DigiD but you do live in the EU, you may be able to use a login key from another European country to log in to Dutch government websites. Whether that’s possible depends on which country you live in and what website you want to log in to. Most websites also require you to provide your citizen service number (BSN) when logging in.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

See also