How much child benefit can I get outside the Netherlands?
The amount of child benefit is fixed and depends on your child’s age. If you also receive benefits for your children from another country, you will not get the full benefit amount from both countries.
Child benefit amounts
The website of the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) tells you what the current child benefit amounts are.
What factors influence the amount of child benefit you receive?
- whether you get family benefits from a country other than the Netherlands
- how many children you have
- how old your children are
- whether your child lives at home and has high-level care needs
- whether your child lives away from home due to illness or disability, or for the purpose of education.
Supplementary child benefit
If you get Dutch child benefit, you may also qualify for supplementary child benefit. Supplementary child benefit is additional financial assistance towards the costs of raising a child under the age of 18.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.