Staying in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days (long-stay visa)

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, for example to work, study or live with family, you may need a long-stay visa and/or a residence permit. A long-stay visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV). Whether or not you need an MVV and/or a residence permit depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

You can only travel to the Netherlands if you are exempt from the EU entry ban. Please read the entry rules on

What is your situation?

Click '+' to make your selection.