Studying and internships in Thailand
If you want to study or do an internship in Thailand, you need to arrange certain matters, like a visa, a student grant or accommodation.
Studying abroad (university/HBO/MBO)
The website wilweg.nl run by EP-Nuffic provides information on studying and doing internships abroad. It informs students at university and in higher professional education (HBO) and secondary vocational education (MBO) about:
- scholarships and funds;
- exchange programmes;
- student finance;
- diploma evaluation;
- practical matters (accommodation, preparation).
The organisation Nederlandse Wereldwijde Studenten (Netherlands Worldwide Students, NWS) also offers information (in Dutch) about studying abroad.
You can find information about doing an internship outside the Netherlands at wilweg.nl:
- internships at higher professional (HBO) or university (WO) level
- internships at secondary vocational (MBO) level
Legalisation and diploma evaluation
Education systems and diploma levels can vary from country to country. That is why some universities and colleges require a diploma evaluation. In that case it may be necessary to have a diploma legalised:
Studying and internships in this country or region
Visa supporting letter for internship
By means of this supporting letter, the embassy requests the Thai Immigration authorities to grant permission for your stay in Thailand up to and including the expiration date of your internship contract.
To request this letter, the following documents are needed:
- a copy of your passport
- a copy of your work permit (if applicable)
- a copy of a statement from your University or school
- a copy of a work contract for trainee
- fees are € 30 to be paid in cash in Thai Baht at the applicable exchange rate
Make an appointment via the online appointment system.
If you apply for a declaration or letter in the morning, you can pick it up at the same day between 2 and 3 pm or have it sent to your home address. In the latter case, you supply a sufficiently stamped envelope with your name and address in block letters.
Procedure for submitting a written request
Written requests will be returned within 10 working days of receipt.
Kindly send a letter with request and the documents mentioned above.
• THB 1300 in cash (You receive change and a receipt)
• Or a print of your transfer of 30 euros to the bank account in The Hague, stating your initials and last name and ZMA Bangkok
Account name : Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken Betreft FSO Posten
Account number : NL74INGB0705454177
Name of Bank : ING Bank N.V. te Amsterdam
BIC : INGBNL2A
Currency : EUR
• A return envelope addressed to your home address with sufficient required stamp(s).
• Your contact details (telephone / e-mail). Incomplete applications will not be processed and shall be returned to the applicant.
In case of questions kindly use the contactform