Vacancy: Science Technology & Innovation Advisor Taiwan
The Netherlands Trade & Investment Office in Taipei (Taiwan) is looking for a Science Technology & Innovation Advisor Taiwan (full time, 40 hours per week). Deadline for applications is 1st of March 2019.
The Netherlands has a strong focus on Science & Technology and ranks high in the global competitiveness index. To ensure its global position as an innovation leader and to strengthen its global competitiveness, the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy established a global Holland Innovation Network (HIN) with offices in 15 leading knowledge economies world-wide. The main role of HIN is to act as a liaison for international Science, Technology and Innovation (ST&I) collaboration, ST&I matchmaking, supporting ST&I related (strategic) acquisitions, trend watching, monitoring and reporting on policy and ST&I developments. The Netherlands Trade & Investment Office, the Dutch Representation in Taiwan seeks for a Science, Technology & Innovation Advisor to lead its Department for Science, Technology & Innovation.
As Science, Technology & Innovation Advisor you will be heading the Department for Science, Technology & Innovation at the Netherlands Trade & Investment Office in Taiwan.
In your role you will be:
- Responsible for and leading the Science, Technology & Innovation Department in the daily operation (2Fte)
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding the ST&I relationships between Taiwan and The Netherlands
- Providing and executing a yearly strategic ST&I plan
- Reporting back to the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy, the HIN home base and relevant stake holders in the relevant Ministries
- Identifying and assessing potential partners and areas for ST&I collaboration both in Taiwan and The Netherlands
- Responding to enquiries of both Dutch and Taiwanese parties with regards to the Science, Technology & Innovation developments & trends and policies
- Networking in both the Dutch and Taiwanese industry, government and research communities
- Preparing sector reports on relevant ST&I domains in Taiwan
- Reporting on policy developments in Taiwan related to ST&I and relevant economic sectors
- Reporting on relevant developments in the field of ST&I in Taiwan
- Supporting and organizing programs for incoming Dutch delegations (Government, Industry, Universities and Research Institutes)
- Supporting in organizing events in Taiwan related to ST&I
- Mandated and responsible for the ST&I Department budget
Required Skills and Expertise
- 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience in an international ST&I environment is required; preferable in high-tech, energy, life-sciences or the water sector
- Academic degree (Msc/Phd), preferable in a technical domain
- Fluent in Dutch (reading, writing and verbal)
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and verbal)
- Knowledge of Taiwanese culture and of Mandarin is an asset
- Skilled communicator and presenter (writing and oral)
- An evident interest in Innovation, technology and R&D
- A relevant network in the industry and research community in the Netherlands
- An understanding of the Dutch government structure, understanding of the political-administrative context and in possession of a relevant network
- An understanding of the Dutch Innovation and S&T policies
- A general understanding of Research & Development programs and projects
- A general understanding of Science, Technology and Innovation policy and government structures
- A general understanding of the research community
- Being familiar with relevant ST&I sector(s) in Taiwan is an asset.
- Pro-active, service oriented, flexible and being able to deal with both Taiwanese and Dutch clients
- Candidate should be able to manage a team
- Candidate should be comfortable to work and communicate with people of all levels of seniority (Taiwan & Netherlands)
We offer a local contract for a maximum of 2 years and a competitive salary in a dynamic and international environment with good secondary conditions.
At the NTIO you will be working in a multi-disciplinary and dynamic environment where you have to collaborate with the different disciplines present in the NTIO: trade, agri-culture, general affairs and investment.
For enquiries please contact:
Juri Roerink, Manager Holland Innovation Network, The Hague, The Netherlands via Juri.Roerink@rvo.nl or +31 611377007.