What do we do?
- Annual report: This was the year that was 2018
- Sustainability - Dutch policy instruments for a circular economy: the Green Deal workshop
- Bilateral cooperation - A changing political world: Creating understanding between Sweden and the Netherlands through the Young Professionals Event
- Human rights: Swedish-Dutch cooperation on initiatives to bring newcomers and locals together
- Europe: Teaching Europe - The Dutch story about the European Union told to Swedish teachers
- Innovation: Same challenges, different solutions? Getting the Dutch and the Swedes together at Startup Summit
- Consular: Growing Dutch population in Sweden creates challenges and opportunities
- Our team: new faces, old cooperations
Communication & Public Diplomacy
Public Diplomacy can be regarded as public relations of the Netherlands in the broadest sense. This could apply to the political, cultural and economic field. We maintain contacts with the press, various Swedish authorities and facilitate visits of Swedish and Dutch (cultural) organizations. We provide general information about Dutch policy and initiate projects to promote the Netherlands, to spread Dutch expertise and to gain visibility. Maintaining our website, Facebook page and Twitter account are also activities which can be shared under this header.
The consular section provides various services for Dutch nationals in Sweden. The most important tasks are issuing Dutch passports and identity cards and providing assistance to Dutch nationals in distress. In addition to those tasks the Embassy provides services to foreign nationals who would like to travel to or work in the Netherlands, for example in assisting by applications for temporary residence permits (MVV). Another task is providing information on matters like obtaining the Dutch nationality and legalization.
Please note that the consular desk is open by appointment only.
The embassy monitors and analyses the policy of the Swedish government, which may be directly or indirectly relevant for the Netherlands in the field of foreign and domestic politics. Of particular interest are the positions of the Swedish government on EU matters. An important aspect for the Netherlands is to gain support, not only in the EU but worldwide, for Dutch positions and policy. The Swedes and the Dutch share generally the same vision on many issues, which has resulted in fruitful cooperation in different fields. The embassy also prepares and facilitates Dutch delegations visiting Sweden.
Trade & Innovation
The embassy is the focal contact point for small and medium sized Dutch enterprises looking to do business with Sweden. For this purpose we maintain a wide contact network covering government authorities, organizations, enterprises, chambers of commerce and similar cooperation partners. In addition, we facilitate trade- and business missions. We visit, plan and organize (trade) events, seminars and workshops where Holland promotion is central. The embassy also conducts research to potential growth sectors and provides advice on the best market approaches in Sweden, including the important do’s and don’ts.
Agrifood & Horticulture
Dutch interests in Scandinavia in the fields of agriculture, food, horticulture, fishery and forestry (both policy and business matters) are taken care of by our colleague at the Netherlands embassy in Copenhagen.