How do I apply for unemployment benefit outside the Netherlands?

If you live outside the Netherlands and become fully or partially unemployed, apply for unemployment benefit from the benefits organisation in the country where you have unemployment insurance coverage. In most cases that is the country where you most recently worked or where you live.

If you are not sure whether you have unemployment insurance coverage or where you are insured, first check where you are insured.

Applying for unemployment benefit


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.