Certificate of residence in Senegal
If you live in Senegal you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Dakar can draw up this document for you.
Due to the corona virus, you cannot apply for this certificate at most embassies or consulates-general until further notice. Please check the contact page of the embassy or consulate-general to see if and from when it is possible to apply. Don't see a start date on the contact page? Then it is not yet possible to apply.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Besides the earlier mentioned documents, you will also need to provide a proof of your address. This can be for example a recent bank statement or an electricity bill with your name and address on it.
How can I apply for a consular certificate in Senegal?
If you want to apply for a consularcertificate, please make an appointment via our online appointment system.
You can check the overview of our consular fees for the costs of a declaration and the payment method.
In case you have a question after reading the information on this page, you can send an email via the contact form. We strive to answer your email within 48 hours.