Certificate of residence in Senegal
If you live in Senegal you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Dakar can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Besides the earlier mentioned documents, you will also need to provide a proof of your address. This can be for example a recent bank statement or an electricity bill with your name and address on it.
How can I apply for a consular certificate in Senegal?
If you want to apply for a consularcertificate, please make an appointment via our online appointment system.
You can check the overview of our consular fees for the costs of a declaration and the payment method.
In case you have a question after reading the information on this page, you can send an email via the contact form. We strive to answer your email within 48 hours.