Certificate of residence in Saudi Arabia
If you live in Saudi Arabia you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Dutch embassy in Riyadh can draw up this document for you.
Due to the corona virus, the possibilities to apply for this declaration at an embassy or consulate-general are limited. Please check the online appointment system to see if it is possible to make an appointment. If no times are available, it is not yet possible to submit an application at the embassy or consulate general.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Applying for a consular declaration or certificate in person
Do you want to apply for a consular declaration or certificate in person?
Please make an appointment via the online appointment system.
Applying for a consular declaration or certificate by post or email
Do you want to apply for a consular declaration or certificate by post or email?
Please send the necessary documents by post to the following address:
Abdullah Hizaf Asehmi Street
You can also scan the documents and send them to the embassy by email. Please mention in your email for what purpose you need the declaration or certificate. The embassy will write this on the declaration or certificate.
Did you send original documents? The embassy will send them back to you.
Please check the overview of consular fees to see how much you need to pay. You must arrange and pay for the courier yourself.
Please transfer the total amount in euros (EUR) payable to:
Bank name: ING Bank N.V.
Bank address: Financial Plaza, Bijlmerdreef 106, 1102 CT Amsterdam
Account holder: Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Address: Rijnstraat 8, 2515 XP Den Haag (The Hague)
IBAN: NL57 INGB 0705 0010 08
Please state the following on the transfer:
- Certificate of residence: VOW – [NAME customer] – RIY
- Declaration of marital status: VOB – [NAME customer] – RIY
- Certificate of legal capacity to marry: VOH – [NAME customer] – RIY
Example: VOW – PJ Janssen – RIY
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send your questions via the contact form.