Which elections can I vote in while abroad?

You can vote from abroad in Dutch and European Parliamentary elections. You may not vote in Dutch water authority, provincial council or municipal council elections.

Conditions for eligibility to vote

  • You have a valid Dutch identity document. This may be a Dutch passport or a Dutch ID card. Or an identity card from Bonaire, Sint Eustatius or Saba. Or an identity card from Aruba, Curaçao or Sint Maarten on which the Dutch nationality is stated.
  • You must be 18 years or older.
  • You live abroad and are no longer registered in a Dutch municipal records database.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.