Working Holiday Scheme when you are from New Zealand

Are you between at least 18 and 30 years of age? You can come to the Netherlands for a maximum of 1 year to get to know the Dutch culture and society.

How to apply

You can travel to the Netherlands without a visa during your permit-exempt term. After arriving in the Netherlands, you apply for a residence permit at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). You can do this online or by mail. See the IND website for more information.

What is next

The IND checks if you meet all the conditions for a residence permit. The IND must make a decision within 90 days of receiving your application.

More information

Read more about the Working Holiday Program on the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).