Certificate of residence in Poland
If you live in Poland you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Dutch embassy in Warsaw can draw up this document for you.
Due to the corona virus, the possibilities to apply for this declaration at an embassy or consulate-general are limited. Please check the online appointment system to see if it is possible to make an appointment. If no times are available, it is not yet possible to submit an application at the embassy or consulate general.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Application by post or e-mail
You can apply for this declaration either in person at the embassy, by post or by e-mail.
Written applications will be processed within 10 working days.
Apart from the above mentioned documents, you also need to hand in the following documents:
- A letter with the request which statement you wish to receive and the reason of your application. The reason has to be mentioned on the statement;
- Your signature legalization, confirmed by a notary;
- A copy of your bank statement, with proof of payment to the bank account of the embassy;
- Address in Poland for sending this statemetn and a Polish mobile number of you (the receiver).
Incomplete requests will not be processed.
Written applications can be sent to the following address:
Dutch embassy Warsaw
Please check the overview of consular fees for the costs. Add the shipping costs to this amount. Transfer the total amount to the bank account of the embassy:
ING Bank Śląski S.A.
ul. Sokolska 34, 40-086 Katowice
Account of: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
BIC or SWIFT Code: INGBPLPW
In case you have questions after reading the information on this page, you can send an email via the contact form.