Logging in via DigiD with your username and password
When you apply for DigiD, you create a username and password. You can use them to log in to Dutch government, care institution and pension fund websites.
Your DigiD username is case sensitive and may also contain punctuation marks or digits. Usernames must meet 3 requirements:
- they must be unique (i.e. no-one else can already have the same username)
- they must contain a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 32 characters
- they cannot contain spaces
Your DigiD password must contain:
- a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 32 characters
- no spaces
- at least one lower-case letter
- at least one upper-case letter
- at least one digit
- at least one punctuation mark (e.g. & ^ % !)
Your DigiD is strictly personal. Never give your DigiD username and login details to anyone else.
Different ways of logging in
You cannot always log in with just your DigiD username and password. Organisations can require you to use a different login method to better protect your data. This means logging in with DigiD SMS verification or the DigiD app.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.