Netherlands honorary consulate in Auckland

Contact details

Sake Hitman
outside office hours

Voor consulaire zaken en noodgevallen kunt u 24 uur per dag, 7 dagen per week terecht bij telefoonnummer 0800 DUTCH EMBASSY (0800 388243)

Opening hours

Netherlands Consulate in Auckland

Contact details for Consular Section

Opening hours:   Services by honorary consul Mr. Sake Hitman

The honorary consul can assist during an emergency. In addition, the honorary consul focuses on trade development. For more information on trade development or a business partner scan please e-mail.

In case of a consular emergency, for example a lost passport, you can call 24 hours per day, 7 days a week +6444716390

For visa and passport applications and consular declarations, you can make an appointment at the embassy in Wellington.

For general consular enquiries, please fill in this contact form.

In case of a consular emergency the honorary consul can assist in certain circumstances. For example if you lose your passport or have been involved in an accident and are in hospital, or in case of a death or a missing person or other calamities. Each case is individually assessed in consultation with the embassy in Wellington.

Honorary consuls in New Zealand can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via telephone nr +64 4 471 6390.

Lost or stolen passport

If your passport is lost or stolen, you can request a ‘laissez-passer’ by phone on +64 4 471 6390.

Your request for a laissez-passer will be processed immediately. The honorary consul will contact you and, in case you are eligible, provide you with a laissez-passer. The release of a laissez-passer takes 1 to 2 days. Please check with your airline whether you are allowed to board with a Dutch laissez-passer.

It is also possible to request a new passport at the embassy in Wellington via an emergency procedure. This takes 8 to 10 days and you have to do the request in person. Your new passport will be valid for 10 years.

Remaining civil affairs

Since the honorary consuls merely provide ‘laissez-passers’, you can contact the embassy in Wellington for any remaining civil affairs services. However, often a ‘justice of the peace’ or ‘notary public’ in your area may provide the requested service.

Consular questions

You can ask your question: