Certificate of residence in Mozambique
If you live in Mozambique you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Maputo can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
You can make an appointment via the online appointment system.
By e-mail or post
You can scan the documents and send them by e-mail or your can can send them by mail to:
Indicate clearly in your e-mail or letter what you need the certificate for. We mention this in the certificate. On average it takes 3 working days to prepare a certificate.
If you have sent original documents, they will be returned. You can use SkyNet as a courier service.
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method
State when transferring: consular statement + your name.
Account in the name of: EMBAIXADA DOS PAISES BAIXOS
BIC of SWIFT CODES: BICMZMX
Do you have questions after reading the information on this page? Please send an e-mail via the contact form.