Working Holiday Program when you are from Uruguay
Are you between at least 18 and 30 years of age? You can come to the Netherlands for a maximum of 1 year to get to know the Dutch culture and society. For this, you need to apply for a residence permit (MVV).
How to apply
Check the conditions at the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). If you meet all the conditions to apply for the WHP, you can make an appointment at the Netherlands embassy in Buenos Aires via the online appointment system.
What to bring
Make sure you bring the following documents to your appointment:
- a completed and signed MVV application form;
- a valid passport and a copy of the holder page of your passport. Please note: if you want to avoid renewing your passport during your stay in the Netherlands, please make sure that your passport is still valid for at least 18 months at the day of your application.
- two passport photographs, which must meet the Dutch requirements for passport photos;
- a return travel ticket or proof of sufficient financial means (e.g. a recent bank statement) to purchase such a ticket and for the initial period of your stay.
Due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) at this moment it is not possible to apply for the WHP. Registration has been postponed until further notice.
What is next
After submitting your application at the Netherlands embassy in Buenos Aires:
- You will get an email from the central processing office with an information sheet and a reference number (v-number).
- You will be requested to pay the fees and to mail all the relevant documents to the Dutch Immigration (IND) in the Netherlands. Its email address will be provided in the information sheet.
- The IND checks if you meet all the conditions for a residence permit, after that the IND will inform you by e-mail about their decision. If the decision is positive you need to make an appointment with the Netherlands embassy to affix the MVV visa in your passport. Please note that your visa must be affixed in your passport before you can enter the Netherlands.
Read more about the Working Holiday Program on the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).