Receiving Dutch incapacity benefit outside the Netherlands

Do you currently receive, or will you soon be receiving, incapacity benefit? Your situation and country of residence will determine whether you will continue to receive it if you live or are planning to live abroad.

The benefits in question are awarded under the work resumption (persons partially capable of work) scheme (WGA); the income support scheme for individuals registered as fully and permanently incapacitated (IVA); the Invalidity insurance Act (WAO); the Incapacity Insurance (Self-Employed Persons) Act (WAZ); and the Incapacity Insurance (Young Disabled Persons) Act (Wajong).

If you have been ill for less than two years, please read the information on sickness benefit outside the Netherlands.


Via (information in Dutch)