Studying and internships in Latvia
If you want to study or do an internship in Latvia, you need to arrange certain matters, like a visa, a student grant or accommodation.
Studying abroad (university/HBO/MBO)
The website wilweg.nl run by EP-Nuffic provides information on studying and doing internships abroad. It informs students at university and in higher professional education (HBO) and secondary vocational education (MBO) about:
- scholarships and funds;
- exchange programmes;
- student finance;
- diploma evaluation;
- practical matters (accommodation, preparation).
The organisation Nederlandse Wereldwijde Studenten (Netherlands Worldwide Students, NWS) also offers information (in Dutch) about studying abroad.
You can find information about doing an internship outside the Netherlands at wilweg.nl:
- internships at higher professional (HBO) or university (WO) level
- internships at secondary vocational (MBO) level
Legalisation and diploma evaluation
Education systems and diploma levels can vary from country to country. That is why some universities and colleges require a diploma evaluation. In that case it may be necessary to have a diploma legalised:
Studying and internships in this country or region
Studying in Latvia
Are you considering studying in Latvia?
Information for studying in Latvia is available at the following websites:
- Study!nLatvia provides information on studying in Latvia and a study programme list (in English).
- The website of the Latvian Student Association contains a database where you can find almost all Latvian (higher-) educational institutions.
- The Latvian Ministry of Education's website contains general information about the Latvian education system.
- On the website of the Dutch organisation for internationalisation in education (EP-Nuffic) you’ll find information on the education system in Latvia.