Am I entitled to supplementary child benefit outside the Netherlands?
You can only get supplementary child benefit if you also get child benefit from the Social Insurance Bank (SVB). That means you must have an income from the Netherlands. Supplementary child benefit is means-tested. Your eligibility depends on how high your income is.
You get child benefit now
You may still be able to get child benefit if you and your child live outside the Netherlands but you have an income from the Netherlands. Or if you are living abroad temporarily but not working abroad. This could be the case if, for example:
- you or your partner is employed, self-employed or a business owner in the Netherlands;
- your Dutch employer has seconded you abroad;
- you are studying abroad temporarily.
If you get Dutch child benefit, you can also get supplementary child benefit if you meet these other conditions:
- your income is under the income threshold (Nibud, information in Dutch), and
- your assets do not exceed a certain amount (Tax and Customs Administration, information in Dutch).
If you are moving abroad
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.