Certified copy of a birth certificate in Japan

Were you born in Japan and have your parents registered your birth with a Dutch embassy or consulate in Japan? You can apply for a certified copy of the birth certificate at the embassy in Tokyo.

How to apply for a certified copy

We will need to confirm if your original birth certificate is indeed registered at a Dutch embassy or consulate. Please send us an email with a request for a copy noting your full name, date of birth and if known place of registration.

  • tok-ca@minbuza.nl


The copy can be paid for with cash in Japanese yen when you come pick it up at the embassy in Tokyo.

If you would like to have the document sent to you, we ask you to transfer the fees to the below bank account. Are you living in Japan? You can pay for the postage costs on delivery. If you want to have it sent abroad, the postage costs will be calculated together with the fees for the document.

Click here for the consular fees.

Bank account details

BIC/Swift-code: INGBNL2A
IBAN: NL93 INGB 0705454029
In the name of: Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken Betreft RSO-AZI
Comment: "TOK/CA", followed by "name of applicant" en "copy birth certificate"