Certificate of residence in Italy
If you live in Italy you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Dutch embassy in Rome can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Application procedure for consular declarations in Italy
You can apply for a consular declaration by post and by e-mail. If you do your application by post, you can send your request and the required documents to the following address:
Attn. Consular department
Via Michele Mercati 8
In case you want to apply via email, you can scan the required documents and send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the purpose for which you need the declaration as we need to state it in the declaration. After receipt of your application, it will take approximately 10 working days to make it and send it to your home address. In case you sent us original documents, these will be returned to you together with the declaration.
Payment consular declarations
You can check the overview of the consular fees for the amount that you need to pay. You need to add € 12.50 for shipping costs via DHL.
Please transfer the total amount to the bank account of the embassy:
Bank account number: NL74 INGB 0705 454 177
In the name of: Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken, betreft FSO
Mentioning: ROME / declaration type and your family name
Send a proof of your payment together with your application.
In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.