Certificate of residence in Ireland
If you live in Ireland you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Dublin can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Besides the above mentioned documents, you will also need to submit a proof of your address. This could be a recent bank statement, gas- or electricity bill.
Application procedure for consular certificates in Ireland
You can send the required documents by mail to:
Attn: Consular department
160 Merrion Road
You can also scan the required documents and send them via email to the embassy.
As we'll need to state on the certificate for which purpose you need it, please indicate this clearly in your letter or email.
On average, it takes 5 working days to prepare a certificate and send it to your address. If you have sent original documents, they will be returned.
Costs and payment
You can check the overview of consular fees for the price of a consular certificate.
You can transfer the total amount to the bank account of the embassy. Please clearly indicate: consular certificate + your name.
|Name bank||ING Bank|
|Address||Amsterdam Financial Plaza
1102 BW Amsterdam
|Account in the name of||Minister van Buitenlandse Zaken|
|IBAN||NL74 INGB 0705 4541 77|
|BIC or SWIFT code||INGBNL2A|
In case you have questions after reading the information on this page, you can send an email via the contact form.