Certificate of residence in India
If you live in India you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in New Delhi or the consulate general in Mumbai can draw up this document for you.
Due to the corona virus, you cannot apply for this certificate at an embassy or consulate-general until at least 28 April 2020.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Application procedure for consular certificates
You can make an appointment via the online appointment system.
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method.
Do you have questions after reading the information on this page? Please send an e-mail via the contact form.