Collecting a DigiD activation code in the Netherlands
You must collect your activation code from a DigiD collection point within 30 days of receiving the service desk code sent to you by text message (SMS) and by email, which you will receive when you apply. There are collection points in a number of municipalities in the Netherlands.
Please note: some municipalities require you to make an appointment to collect your activation code. By making an appointment before you apply for your DigiD, you can be sure you will be able to collect your code on time.
DigiD collection points in the Netherlands
(These websites are in Dutch)
- Bergen op Zoom
- Haarlemmermeer (municipal desk at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport)
- The Hague
Things to bring with you
- Your service desk code, sent to you by text message (SMS) and by email when you submitted your DigiD application
- Your passport or identity card (driving licence not allowed) issued by a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and which you used when filling in your application
- Your citizen service number (BSN), if it is not included in your passport or on your identity card
You will need to collect the activation code in person. No one may collect it for you.
- Receiving a DigiD activation code via video call
- Collecting a DigiD activation code abroad (or in the Caribbean part of the Netherlands)
Due to the coronavirus, the possibilities to collect a DigiD activation code at the embassy or consulate-general are limited.
After you have collected the activation code
Once you have the activation code you can activate your DigiD. Tip: activate your DigiD as soon as you have the code and before you leave the building so you can get help if you have any problems.
The activation code is valid for 20 days. Be sure to activate your DigiD before the activation code expires, otherwise you will need to submit a new DigiD application. Read more on the page Activating your DigiD from abroad.
Don't have a service desk code yet?
You will be sent a service desk code when you submit your DigiD application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.