Certificate of residence in Ghana
If you live in Ghana you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Accra can draw up this document for you.
Due to the corona virus, the possibilities to apply for this declaration at an embassy or consulate-general are limited. Please check the online appointment system to see if it is possible to make an appointment. If no times are available, it is not yet possible to submit an application at the embassy or consulate general.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Application procedure by mail or e-mail
You can scan the documents and send them by e-mail or you can send it by mail to:
Indicate clearly in your e-mail what you need the certificate for. We mention this in the certificate.
On average it takes 10 working days to prepare a certificate and send it to you.
If you want it to be shipped by DHL you must send a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage.
If you live in the Netherlands, it can be sent by our courier and no shipping costs will be charged.
Application procedure in person
You can make an appointment at the embassy in Accra via the online appointmentsystem.
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method.
Transfer the total amount to the embassy's bank account in the name of:
Netherlands Embassy Accra
IBAN: NL57 INGB 0705 0010 08
BIC of SWIFT CODE: INGBNL2AXXX
ING Bank N.V.
PO Box 1800
1000 BV Amsterdam
Please mention on consignment: consular statement + your name.
Do you have questions after reading the information on this page? Please send an e-mail via the contact form.