Exporting to Finland
If you have plans to start exporting, take the time to do your research. Prepare your strategy carefully. You may also need export documents.
Starting to export
The Dutch government can help you take your first steps in a foreign market. You can find a lot of information on Ondernemersplein.nl, the digital one-stop shop for government information for businesses, and through the 'NL exporteert' app (in Dutch). The Chamber of Commerce (KvK) and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) can also answer your questions and advise you.
Information by country
RVO.nl can give you detailed information for the country you want to export to. For example, on local import tariffs and procedures. Choose the country in the list and click on export rules (in Dutch).
Choose the right export document
Exporting involves a lot of paperwork. There are different documents for exporting within and outside the European Union. Some papers must be shown to customs when goods pass the border. The Chamber of Commerce has the documents you need.
Exporting to this country or region
The embassy in Helsinki offers the following services:
- answering trade requests pertaining to Finland and the Netherlands
- market information for Finland
- assistance in preparation of trade delegation visits as well as work- and business related visits by representatives of ministries and departments
- planning, organisation and execution of trade promotion events such as trade fairs, seminars, workshops and other Holland Promotion events in Finland
- search for potential growth sectors
- advise of the best ways for market entry, the do's and the don'ts
- reference to proper instances in Finland and the Netherlands
Please contact us:
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Tel. +358 (0)9 228 920
Miina Ojanperä, Policy Officer for Trade & Innovation
Desirée Kopmels, Ambassador
Stay up to date!
To stay up to date about trade & innovation news we advise you to regularly check the website and to 'like' the embassy Facebook page.
For general information about doing business with the Netherlands, please visit the Holland Trade website. The website of the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency provides information for foreign companies wishing to establish their business in the Netherlands.
Dutch Business Community in Finland
The Finnish Dutch Chamber of Commerce is a unique non-profit organization for Finnish-Dutch relations with business content. They aim to provide a networking platform for their members; companies that have bilateral interest between Finland and The Netherlands.