The Orange Carpet Visa Facility in Egypt
If you are a business traveller who travels to the Netherlands frequently from Egypt and you need a short-stay Schengen visa each time, find out if you or your employees are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
You cannot travel to the Netherlands due to the coronavirus, unless you are exempt from the EU entry ban. Read the list of exemptions on Government.nl.
Orange Carpet conditions
Whether or not you can use the Orange Carpet programme depends on which country your business is based in. The Dutch embassy can tell you more about this.
The conditions for an Orange Carpet procedure also vary from country to country. You will need to show why you travel frequently for your work. The embassy decides whether you meet the local conditions.
Orange Carpet benefits
The benefits of the Orange Carpet programme vary from country to country. Here are some examples of the possible benefits:
- You will not need to show as many documents to get a visa.
- Your visa will be valid for several trips (multiple entry visa).
- Your visa will be ready for collection sooner.
- Your visa will be valid for longer.
- You only have to apply for a visa in person once every five years.
- You will not have to make an appointment to hand in your application, or there could be special opening times.
- You can go to a VIP counter.
Who can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility?
The Orange Carpet programme is mainly for staff of companies with current or future economic interests in the Netherlands. But the same conditions and benefits can also apply to other types of organisations (cultural, scientific, government) and individual travellers.
Collect first visa in person
The first time you apply for a visa you must go to the embassy or, if relevant, the visa application office in person, so your fingerprints and photo can be taken.
Visa through another embassy
You may need to go to the embassy of another Schengen country for a visa, for example because there is no Dutch embassy in your country. You might still be eligible for an Orange Carpet visa. But there could be fewer services available.
Orange Carpet programme in this country or region
ORANGE CARPET VISA FACILITY
The Orange Carpet Visa Facility facilitates the issuance of visas with a business purpose.
Applications for Business Visa of employees of companies that are registered with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Cairo, as Orange Carpet Program beneficiaries, are eligible for the Orange Carpet facility. The average processing time will be 15 calendar days.
Orange Carpet applicants can submit their visa application by a representative, directly to VFS and are exempt from appearing in person provided they have given their fingerprints at a Schengen Embassy in the past 59 months. The application can be done without any prior appointment during the VFS application submission timings: 8.30 – 12.00 hours Sunday – Thursday, see also: www.vfsglobal.com/netherlands/egypt/contact_us.html
Advantages of the Orange Carpet Visa Facility:
- The Orange Carpet applicant will be facilitated with priority at VFS Global; the applicant can submit the application without a prior appointment;
- The Orange Carpet applicant is allowed to submit less supporting documents than regular applicants: no need to submit the proof of itinerary, hotel reservations, insurance or financial means;
- The Orange Carpet applicant could be facilitated with a visa with longer validity (maximum 5 years/ multiple entries).
General documents required:
- Completed and signed Schengen application form;
- Passport or official travel document and a copy of the data page (recognized by the Schengen States, issued within the previous ten years and with a validity of at least 3 months). The passport must be signed by the holder and contain at least two empty pages, specifically assigned to visa;
- One passport-sized photo (not older than 6 months, 35-40mm in width, be taken with a light blue or grey background, full face and no sunglasses (Schengen photo requirements);
- If applicable a copy of the applicant’s residence permit or other proof of legal status in country of applicant;
- Visa fees and VFS service fees.
The following additional Orange Carpet documents have to be submitted at the VFS counter:
- An Orange Carpet cover letter signed by the applicant’s company contact person for the Orange Carpet Program who guarantees that the company will cover all expenses involved and that the applicant is adequately (medically) insured during the visit;
- An official letter from the company (with logo) in the Netherlands indicating the purpose and the period of the visit; the purpose should always be business and not tourism;
- If a spouse and/or children accompany the applicant, all details should be mentioned and guaranteed in the cover letter as well.
- In case a spouse and/or children are accompanying the employee on the business trip and they are not mentioned in the OCP letter the following documents for the spouse/children have to be attached to the application:
- Copy of overseas medical insurance policy, including medical emergency evacuation cover (equivalent to 30,000 Euros), corresponding with the (desired) period of the visit;
- Copy of airline reservation, hotel reservation and health insurance in case the family members are not included in the orange carpet letter that they are fully covered.
Please note that additional documentation is required for applicants under the age of 18:
- For children under 18 both parents must sign for consent to travel abroad. The parents sign on both pages of the visa application form and submit signed copies of their passports or ID cards.
- Applications have to made in person by the minor (including babies)
- If the applicant is under custody of one parent only, a certificate proving this is required. The documentation needs to be in original and issued by the legal authorities. The documentation also needs to be supported by a copy of the custodian's signed id-card or passport.
Disclaimer: The privileges under the OCP are limited by the conditions of the application submitted. The duration of the visa may be limited by the duration of the passport. No rights can be derived from the OCP facility. Misuse of OCP facility can lead to unconditional termination of use of the OCP facility.