How do I apply for Dutch childcare benefit from outside the Netherlands?

You can apply for childcare benefit from outside the Netherlands using the Tax and Customs Administration’s Mijn toeslagen portal. You will need a DigiD for this. You can also call the tax information line for non-residents.

You must apply for childcare benefit within 3 months of when your child starts attending childcare to ensure you receive the full benefit to which you are entitled. If you apply later, you will only receive childcare benefit for the previous 3 months.

Applying for childcare benefit

If you are moving abroad


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Also useful