Activating DigiD from abroad
Once you have collected your DigiD activation code you will need to activate your DigiD via DigiD.nl or by using the DigiD app within 20 days. If you fail to do so, you will need to submit a new DigiD application.
Activating your DigiD using the DigiD app
You can activate your DigiD using the DigiD app. You activate the app and your DigiD at the same time. Follow the steps below to activate your DigiD:
- Open the DigiD app.
- Click ‘Start’.
- You’ll be asked whether you are already using the DigiD app on another device.
- Click the ‘No’ option.
- Enter your username and password.
- An SMS code will be sent to your phone.
- Enter the SMS code.
- Enter the activation code you received by post.
- Choose and enter a 5-digit PIN.
- Enter the PIN again to confirm.
- Your DigiD account and the DigiD app are now activated.
Don't forget your PIN. You will need it to log in using the DigiD app.
Getting an activation code
If you don’t yet have an activation code, collect it using the collection code you were sent when you submitted your DigiD application.
Due to the corona virus, you cannot collect a DigiD activation code at a Dutch representations abroad until further notice. At the moment this can only be done at DigiD collection points in the Netherlands.
Don't have a collection code yet?
You will be sent a collection code when you submit your DigiD application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.