Vacancies and internships
The embassy in Prague, Czech Republic, offers twice a year an internship. Dutch students that are enrolled in the university (master level) are eligible to apply.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Prague Vacancy – Policy Officer Trade and Economic Affairs
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The Netherlands Embassy in the Czech Republic is part of a worldwide network of diplomatic missions, representing Dutch political, economic, cultural and consular interests abroad. The embassy in Prague is now looking for a Policy Officer Trade and Economic Affairs.
The concerned officer will be cooperating closely together with the Senior Trade and Economic Officer and the Senior Policy Officer for Public Diplomacy, Culture and Press Affairs in a small integrated policy team.
The main purpose of the job is to promote and support economic cooperation between the two countries and to foster a positive image of The Netherlands and its Embassy in the Czech Republic.
Description of duties
• Assist Dutch companies in doing business in the Czech market.
• Answer trade questions and support Dutch companies in finding local partners (through Business Partner Scans).
• Monitor economic news and report on developments in specific business sectors, relevant for Dutch companies.
• Carry out trade promotion activities; assist trade missions.
• Cooperate closely with the Netherlands-Czech Chamber of Commerce and other stakeholders.
• Participate in and when necessary represent the Embassy at various functions, conferences and seminars in the Czech Republic.
• Maintain a network of relevant contacts within the business community and Czech government agencies.
• Replace other policy officers of the Embassy, if need be.
• Master in economics or business studies
• 2-3 year relevant experience
• Extensive knowledge of the Czech (and preferably also Dutch) economy and business community
• Excellent command of the English and Czech language, both orally and written
• Knowledge of Dutch language would be an asset
Essential qualifications and experience
• Excellent organization skills, ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time
• Good communication and people skills
• A creative approach to problem solving
• Budget awareness and experience with project management
• Ability to work proactively, independently and flexibly
Type of Position
This is a fixed term position.
The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
14 September 2018
How to apply
Please submit your application letter including résumé (CV) and supporting materials to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands by email: email@example.com
For more information please contact Deputy Head of Mission Peter Keulers via firstname.lastname@example.org