Vacancies and internships
The embassy in Prague, Czech Republic, offers once a year an internship. Dutch students that are enrolled in the university (master level) are eligible to apply.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Prague
Vacancy – Residence Staff
The ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Prague is seeking a staff member for hospitality and housekeeping of his residence.
Number of working hours:
22.5 hours a week
Gross monthly salary:
15.507 CZK (+13th month salary of full monthly pay)
The successful candidate will act as part of a small team ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the residence of the Dutch ambassador. Main tasks are in the area of functions support and housekeeping. They include assistance during meal preparation and other support during official and unofficial functions at the residence of the ambassador such as welcoming guests and serving, as well as housekeeping duties such as
cleaning, washing, vacuuming and tending to flowers/plants.
- Assist Chef during the meal preparation, if required;
- Set table and ensure residence is in perfect order for receiving guests;
- Act as wait-staff / serve meals prepared for the ambassador and/or guests during official and unofficial functions (at table or cocktails / garden parties, etc.);
- Invite guests to sign guestbook;
- Assist with residence and kitchen cleanup.
- Day-to-day and post-function cleaning work (vacuum, dusting, floors, windows, furniture polishing etc.);
- Wash, dry and iron clothing, linen and towels as required including for guests if asked, including minor sewing repairs / alterations;
- Polishing silver and furniture as instructed etc.
- Communicate effectively with residence chef/major domo on residence activities;
- Be able to work in a small team, be flexible and a team player;
- Report any repairs / maintenance requirements;
- Make list of cleaning products and purchase stocks when asked;
- Clean up after workmen when required;
- Cover for other residence staff as required;
- Any other duties decided by Residence Major Domo/Chef, the ambassador, spouse
- Fluency in Czech;
- At least basic command of English – verbal related to role;
- Must currently reside and have a valid work permit in the Czech Republic;
- Relevant hospitality industry experience is a bonus;
- Proven cleaning skills;
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively;
- Demonstrated flexibility and a motivation to get things done including excellent customer focus;
- Adaptability and a positive mindset towards working as part of a broader team.
HOW TO APPLY
Send letter of application, résumé (CV) and supporting materials including at least two references to the ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherland, c/o Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, attention to Ms. Petra Koderova, Gotthardska 6/27, 160 00 Praha 6 – Bubenec or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Petra Koderova via email@example.com
Application closing date: 23.02.2020